Sea Light's dedicated therapy rooms allow us to offer you a range of relaxation therapies from local well-being practitioners.
Hot Stone Massage
Hot Stone Massage is believed to have originated with the native tribes of America and uses heated stones as part of massage therapy to help you relax deeply.
Sessions are held in the private Garden Terrace Therapy Suite on the top floor of the Sea Light away from it all in a fresh calm room with French windows opening onto decking with plants. Jem Stones is part of the Sea Light Team and you can meet her front of house on Wednesdays in the Gallery.
"I felt welcomed and cared for as Jem Stones tuned into what I needed for clearing the stress I was holding onto. I felt listened to and understood and then I could let it all go into the warm stones that seemed to absorb it all and I fell asleep and deeply relaxed and I felt lighter afterwards.
"Jem Stones is warm and down to earth easy to be with and the room was beautifully freshly prepared for my session; made me feel special."
Bookings available on...
To book call JemStoneS on 077 99 11 5 770 or email email@example.com
Thai Yoga Massage
Thai Yoga Massage is an ancient art that uses movement and pressure to help you relax it can help to reduce stress and promotes enhanced mobility.
Bookings available on...
To book call Yarrow on 07932 247247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sound in the Soul Community Sound Bath. Second Sunday of the month in the Sea Light lounge £10 on the door.
Experience the vibrations of the gong, crystal singing bowls and trance drumming.
An opportunity to meet others who are keen to explore sound as a form of relaxation and spiritual well-being for both adults and children. Chanting, poetry and more.
For more information contact Ma Love Shaker to book on 07799 090103. www.transformationthroughsound.com
Embodied consensual life therapy with Katie Sarra
Katie is a Certified Somatic Sex Educator, Certified Sexological Bodyworker, Art Psychotherapist, Playback Theatre performer, Artist and co-founder of the Sea Light Gallery and The Sea School of Embodiment. She specialises in working with people overcoming fears and trains professionals in effective ways of supporting people overcoming Trauma.
I believe that every human being has needs to feel useful, having gifts to share with others as part of community. Our ease in intimacy with ourselves ripples out to feeling at ease with others.
When we’ve been hurt and felt alone with it, the nervous system effectively restricts receptivity through the senses to make it less painful to bear. This can lead to insecure decision making, feelings of loss of purpose and direction, fears of change and voicing what is true deep down.
I guide and support effective step by step routes back into feeling in tune with yourself feeling your foundations of intuition and sensory awareness come back online which supports being in choice in relationships and with intimate decisions.
Feeling connected again requires repeated trusted experiences of feeling relaxed and safe enough to feel more. Betty Martin’s wheel of consent informs the foundations of my practice supporting the foundations of trust to be felt. Here is hope for creating new neural pathways to fire and, with practice, wire for good.
”Katie has facilitated my inner person to become my outer person." J.H Devon
Creating an integrated and cohesive self with Kian de la Cour
Kian uses a range of therapy techniques to help you access a life of self-compassion and joy. He works to help you address past trauma or negative behaviour patterns, identify how to dismantle them and rebuild your bodily experience to create a more joyful life.
You can meet Kian front of house in the Sea Light Gallery most days.
To find our more about Kian's work visit his website kiandelacour.com
To book a discovery session email Kian at email@example.com
Third Sunday of every month in the Sea light Lounge - Consensual Touch Workshop 4pm -6.30pm. Exploring and practising the wheel of consent.
- Humans need touch but not everyone has the chance to learn how to touch and be touched with kindness. You will learn here about the dynamics of touch and how to break patterns of going along with what doesn't feel right. Katie sarra and Kian de la Cour introduce you to the wheel of consent and lead you through simple exercises to practice the skills that support easier relationship negotiations in life.
- Are you held inside loneliness wanting to connect with greater ease?
- Are you wanting to know how to touch another consensually?
- Are you going along with touch that doesn't feel right?
- Do you want to experience touch that you feel safe relaxing with?
- Do you just want a hug now and then?
- Do you want to easily say no to what isn't right and discover and know what your yes is for?
- Do you want to learn how to support your kids to stay safe?
- You will learn - That its ok to change your mind. That No is a complete sentence needing no explanation, that No can be a relaxed opening to what is true, that Yes is a wonderful thing when it is true from a place of relaxation.
- To find out more follow Cuddle Party Devon on our Facebook page. Katie and Kian are both certified CuddleParty facilitators having competed the Foundations of facilitation and CuddleParty training. www.facebook.com/CuddlePartyDevon
Consensual Touch Weekends
Taking out the guess work out and understanding the dynamics of touch.
We all touch each other but this does not necessarily touch our hearts.
These weekends will guide you to discover how to trust your body when you want to be touched and how to discover and negotiate how you might want to touch another.
This workshop is for you if you are wanting to learn how to improve your relationships - with your self - you children - your friends - your beloveds - through learning the dynamics of giving and receiving touch, learning what you want and how to ask for it. To find out more about our Consensual Touch Weekends please email ....
If you are a well being therapist based in Dawlish, Exeter or South Devon and would like to find out how you can become a part of the Sea Light team or you would like to attend a workshop or book a session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Kian@seaschoolofembodiment.com.